Is Disney World the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of ORLANDO? If, so then you must read this!
Orlando is a place that is growing and changing in all the best ways! Let me share with you some of coolest facts about our City Beautiful:
- 3rd most competitive U.S. location for business (KPMG, 2014)
- 2nd fastest growing major metro in the U.S. (U.S. Census Bureau, 2013)
- Top 10 “American city of the future” (Foreign Direct Investment (fDi) Magazine, 2015)
- #5 leading metro in job creation (Gallup, 2015)
- Friendliest Florida city for small business (Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation & Thumbtack, 2014)
- 4th happiest place to work in the nation (Forbes, 2014)
- More than 500,000 students within a 100 mile radius
- Top 10 state for talent pipeline (U.S. Chamber of Commerce Enterprising States, 2014)
- Home to 35 post-secondary institutions including:
- University of Central Florida | 2nd largest university in the U.S. | Ranked by IEEE among the top universities in the world for the number of patents awarded;
- Full Sail University | Recipient of Apple’s “Innovators in Education” Award;
- Rollins College | #1 MBA program in the state (Forbes, 2014);
- Seminole State College of Florida | #1 college system in Florida – RN Graduate Licensures;
- Valencia College | #1 community college in the nation (Aspen Institute); and
- Lake-Sumter State College | voted national learning center of the year (National College Learning Center Association, 2012).
- Top 10 large city in the U.S. for infrastructure (Foreign Direct Investment (fDi) Magazine, 2015)
- Orlando International Airport: 5th best airport in America (Travel + Leisure, 2014)
- SunRail and Interstate 4 Improvements – largest public works project in Florida’s history
- Home to the 7th largest research park in the U.S. by number of employees (Central Florida Research Park)
- Home to the world’s leading software developer – Electronic Arts Tiburon (EA Games) and other powerhouse companies including Oracle and Golf Channel
- Headquarters of numerous international corporations including American Automobile Association (AAA), Tupperware Brands Corporation and Darden Restaurants, Inc.
If you are considering finding your new home, buy an investment property (rentals are SUPER HOT in Orlando right now!) or sell your home, contact your favorite Realtor (ME!!!) for a free consultation!